As people attempt to adopt a healthy lifestyle, owning a juicer is slowly becoming a habit for many. After all, who wouldn’t want to be able to make tasty, fresh, and healthy juices in the convenience of his or her home? After a thorough market research on the best juicer under 100, we were able to pick 5 of the top models that you will find in the market today.
The most common types of juicers are:
This is probably the most common juicer in the market. It is fast and capable of making juice within seconds in most cases. The only problem with centrifugal juicers is that the juice yield is low and most of it is wasted in the pulp.
The masticating juicer is further categorized into a single or twin gear machine. These types of juicers are also called cold press or slow juicers. Their motor power ranges from 80 rpm to 100 rpm, which means that they can extract the maximum amount of juice from each pulp. If juice quality is your priority, then this is the best juicer for you.
Factors to consider when buying the best juicer under $100
The ingredients you will be juicing
There are different types of juicers in the market. As a result, you can only pick one based on the type of ingredients that you will be juicing. If you wish to extract juice from more leafy greens and vegetables in general, a slow masticating juicer will be more suitable. Moreover, it is efficient for juicing leafy vegetables, an ingredient with the highest nutrient content and enzymes.
The amount of juice you want and the time you can spare to make it
When buying a juicer, always consider the amount of juice it can hold and the capacity of the pulp container. Moreover, the larger the pulp container, the more continuous and fast the juicing process will be.
Though masticating juicers have a larger capacity, they are slower when compared to the centrifugal type. If you want to make juice in the shortest time, therefore, you will be better of using the centrifugal juicer.
Juice yield and pulp dryness
Different types of juicers yield varying quantities of juice and produce different types of pulp. A twin gear masticating juicer is designed to extract the highest juice percentage while leaving the pulp completely dry.
A centrifugal juicer, on the other hand, makes juice fast but is only able to extract a small amount of juice from vegetables and fruits, thus producing the wettest pulp.
Ease of assembling and disassembling
To improve the durability of a juicer, it is advisable that you clean it after every use. To make the cleaning process easy, the best juicer should be easy to disassemble and reassemble.
Size of the feed chute
Are you looking to juice whole fruits and vegetables since you don’t have time to prepare them? If you are, get a centrifugal juicer because it comes with a wider feed chute that will fit whole ingredients. If you don’t mind the prep time, however, you should probably stick with a masticating juicer since it produces healthier and more nutritious juice.
Design of the juicer
What is the style in your kitchen and how spacious is your countertop? Before buying a juicer, you need to answer these important questions. The color of your kitchen and other appliances will dictate how the juicer should look. If you have a small countertop, you may want to get a compact juicer that doesn’t look too conspicuous in the kitchen.
Benefits of getting a juicer
A juicer is a flexible machine that allows you to prepare fresh and healthy juice right in the comfort of your home. If you want to start a detox program, it is important to start by getting a juicer to make those interesting smoothies. With it, you will not only boost your health but also improve your appearance because you will be consuming more enzymes, vitamins, fiber, and other nutrients. Having a juicer makes your ability to lead a healthy lifestyle easier because it is convenient.
Top 5 Best Juicer Under $100
This juicer is powered by a 1000W motor that makes it pretty effective for a juicer under 100. You, therefore, can rely upon this machine to make fresh juice from hard fruits and vegetables. It is made such that it extracts healthy juice in just seconds. With it, you will not have to deal with problems that are common to the poor quality juicers like clogging or foaming.
The 3” wide feeder chute will fit whole fruits and vegetables so that you don’t have to take up much time cutting, chopping, slicing, dicing, etc. Moreover, this juicer has a spout that acts as the anti-drip feature to avoid wastage of juice when pouring.
- It has 2-speed controls (speeds of 12000rpm-14000rpm and speeds of 16000rpm-18000rpm) for soft fruits and tough vegetables respectively.
- It’s made with a stainless steel blade and mesh filter basket for efficient extraction of nutrients and the juice. Stainless steel is super durable
- The BPA-free parts make the juicer safe to use.
- This juicer comes with a brush and the parts can be disassembled for easier clean-up.
- You will enjoy a 2-year quality warranty.
- The juicer may spit large chunks of fruit or vegetable whose juice is not fully extracted.
- The juice made may not be as nutritious as you would like.
- The brush included is somewhat low quality.
This black electric juicer comes with a motor that runs at 800 watts to help you enjoy healthy homemade fresh juices. It has a large feeder chute that fits large fruits and vegetables. Gently direct the fruits or vegetables being juiced down the chute slowly and do not overfill it for maximum juice extraction. The pulp bin is extra-large so you don’t have to keep emptying it as you juice. For less than $100, this juicer is reliable if all you want are freshly homemade smoothies, juices, etc.
- You can easily disassemble and assemble this juicer, thus making it easy to clean and store.
- The parts are BPA-free and dishwasher safe for convenience when cleaning.
- You will get to enjoy a 3-year limited warranty after buying this juicer.
- The chute is wide enough to fit the whole fruits and vegetables.
- Some users feel that this juicer is a little too noisy.
- This juicer may not be powerful enough to extract all the juice from the hard fruits and tough vegetables.
- The glass only has a capacity for a single serving – you have to juice severally if you need more juice.
Are you interested in making some healthy juice and smoothie recipes but do not know which juicer to get? If you are, you might want to consider this heavy-duty compact juice fountain that features a centered knife blade assembly. Its 700-watt motor runs at 14,000 RPM so you are assured of maximum juice extraction.
This juicer measures 10-1/2” by 10” by 16”, which means that it will accommodate whole fruits and vegetables. You, therefore, don’t need to waste your time and energy preparing the ingredients. To save on your counter space, this juicer is made to collect all the pulp within its footprint.
- The capacity of the pulp container is a 1.6 qt, which gives you sufficient capacity to allow you to juice continuously without the need to keep emptying.
- The body of this juicer is made using heavy grade polymer that ensures the durability of the machine.
- You can extract 40 percent more vitamins and 30 percent more juice thanks to the stainless steel cutting disc and the surrounding Italian made micro mesh filter.
- It has an integrated froth separator so you can pour more juice into the glass and less froth.
- The quality of the pulp container is wanting; some users claim it cracked after just a few uses.
- The 1-year warranty may be taken to mean poor quality by some users.
- As a centrifugal juicer, it may be a bit noisy for indoor use.
Mueller Austria Juicer’s ultra 1100-watt power extracts all the juice from hard fruits and tough vegetables. What’s more, its sleek modern stainless-steel design and silver finish will look luxurious on your kitchen’s countertop.
It is strong and bulky enough to extract about a 16-oz cup of juice from fruits and vegetables in only 8 seconds.
This machine is highly versatile since the dual-speed controls (low speeds of 12000 -15000 RPM and high speeds of 15000-18000 RPM) make it appropriate for soft and hard fruits or vegetables respectively.
It has a culinary grade stainless-steel cutting disc and an Italian made micro mesh filter surrounding it for maximum extraction of nutrients.
- The parts are BPA-free and disassembling is easy so the cleaning process is much simpler.
- The feed chute has a safety-locking arm; the juice only runs when the arm is in place.
- It features an overload protection system that causes the juicer to shut off in the event that the motor overheats.
- You will enjoy a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee and a 2-year warranty.
- The feed tube is centered and extra-large so you can put whole fruits and vegetables easily.
- The pulp container does not sit tightly against the juicer, which means that the pulp may eventually find its way on the other side.
- This juicer may not be ideal for vegetables and tougher fruits.
- It may denature some nutrients and enzymes due to its fast speed.
- Some users find this juicer to be a little too noisy.
If you are looking for a juice extractor that will produce high nutrient content while maintaining the freshness of the juice, SimpleTaste Slow Masticating Juicer could be your best bet. It operates at a slow speed of 80 rpm so the motor extracts high nutritional enzymes while preventing oxidation that could render the juice unhealthy. For maximum juice extraction, just press the control button and use the reverse function to prevent clogging. This is a great multi-functional juicer because it extracts juice from fibrous vegetables, leafy greens, wheatgrass, barley grass, and other types of fruits.
If you return this juicer 30 days after purchasing, you are guaranteed of a full refund.
- You can store the juice obtained for up to 72 hours without degradation.
- You can easily detach the parts of this masticating juicer to clean it using the included brush.
- Once detached, the parts of this juicer become easy to store as opposed to the whole machine.
- The motor runs smoothly and quietly.
- This juicer is CE and ETL Approved.
- Some users feel that this juicer is too slow for anyone with a busy lifestyle.
- It may not squeeze all the juice from the pulp even when you are juicing soft fruits.
- It lacks the innovative features that its competitors come with like two-speed controls for juicing different items.
- The spout is somehow unreliable as it pours the juice all down the container.
While the above 5 juicers are worth considering, we must admit that Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Extractor is our best choice. Its motor runs at 700 watts at a speed of 14,000 rpm. Although it is not as slow as a masticating juicer, it will still get more juice from the pulp thus delivering a juice that is more nutritious. Its pulp container has a capacity of 1.6 qt, which means that you don’t have to keep emptying the pulp.
Which juicer under 100 do you think should have made it in our list? Feel free to share your feedback with us.